In light of Governor Abbott’s March 19 executive order mandating precautionary behavior relative to COVID 19, the Museum of South Texas History will be temporarily closing its doors to the public beginning Friday, March 20. The museum will carefully monitor developments and will reopen as soon as possible. The museum values the public trust and will take steps to ensure the public welfare.
As a reminder, the MOSTHistory programs and events are canceled:
- 3/28: Heritage Ranch Gala
- 4/4: The Big Squeeze Competition
- 4/11: Cascarón
- 4/25: The Great Historical Shootout
MOSTHistory event is postponed:
- 4/18: Fiesta de Oro
Other museum services suspended until further notice:
- Research in the Margaret H. McAllen Memorial Archives
- Reading Room appointments including tours of the archives
The community is welcome to visit onsite or online by following the museum on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.