For your safety and ours during the COVID-19 pandemic, visitor hours will be on a limited schedule (subject to change). The Board of Trustees has initiated new safety protocols for both visitors and staff. They include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Purchasing timed tickets with a time slot for visiting to monitor the reduced capacity of visitors allowed by the State of Texas. Both paying visitors and non-paying visitors such as FRIENDS of MOSTHistory must have a ticket. Text “ticket” to 956-300-4999 and follow instructions or call 956-383-6911 for more information.
- All visitors and staff must wear a face mask while in the museum.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed strategically throughout the museum and all visitors and staff are expected to use them frequently.
- All visitors and staff are required to practice social distancing (6 ft apart).
- All visitors and staff are expected to self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the museum.
- We are asking all visitors to enjoy the exhibits with their eyes and ears without touching.
- All visitors and staff are expected to read the safety signage and heed the messages.
MOSTHistory is open to the public except on major national holidays. Hours are as follows:
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults (ages 18+): $9
Seniors w/ ID (ages 62+): $6
Active Military w/ ID: $6
Students w/ ID (ages 13+): $6
Children (ages 4-12): $5
Children (ages 3 and under): Free
FRIENDS of MOSTHistory: Free
Before noon on Saturdays*: Free
*Reserve and purchase timed tickets in order to visit the museum. To purchase, click here. Please bring a mask to wear while visiting the museum.
To view upcoming events and/or closures: mosthistory.org/events.
The museum is ADA accessible.
Free parking for MOSTHistory visitors is available in the main parking lot on Closner Boulevard (Business US 281) and in the overflow parking lot on Kuhn Street (north side of the museum). Additional weekend or evening parking is available in the Hidalgo County Courthouse parking lot on McIntyre Street (south side of the museum).
To find Edinburg hotels nearby, visit HotelsCombined.
The following devices with flash are allowed:
- Smart phones
- DSLRs (Nikon, Canon, etc. or any professionally-looking camera)
- Any small portable device
The following equipment is allowed:
- Shoe-mount flashes for DSLR
- Interchangeable lenses (200mm or less)
- Light kit
- Lamp rings
- Camera flashes that cannot be mounted
- SteadiCam or camera stabilizers
- Tripods which includes mini and flexible
- Reflectors (gold/silver or any color)
- Interchangeable lenses (200mm or more)
- Any other equipment not listed
Fill out a preliminary form online below to be contacted within 24 hours for more details and approval.