Notice to All Visitors:
On Tuesday, March 2, Texas Governor Greg Abbott released updates to COVID mandates for the state. These changes include rescinding the statewide requirement to wear a mask and the restriction of capacity limits starting March 10, 2021.
The Board of Trustees of the Museum of South Texas History has voted to continue the current health and safety protocols required and practiced at MOSTHistory for the health and safety of visitors and museum staff.
MOSTHistory will continue to require and expect all visitors to:
- Procure time tickets online in advance of arriving at the museum. Both paying visitors and non-paying visitors such as FRIENDS of MOSTHistory must have a ticket. Text “ticket” to 956-300-4999 and follow instructions or call 956-383-6911 for more information.
- Self-screen for COVID symptoms before entering the museum.
- Wear a mask covering both nose and mouth at all times while inside the museum. This does not apply to those two years of age and younger.
- Practice social distancing of at least six feet from one another.
- Sanitize hands before coming into the museum and use the provided hand-sanitizing stations frequently and especially after touching handrails and interactive devices.
- Enjoy the museum with their eyes and ears and limit touching surfaces throughout the museum.
MOSTHistory is open to the public except on major national holidays. Hours are as follows:
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults (ages 18+): $9
Seniors w/ ID (ages 62+): $6
Active Military w/ ID: $6
Students w/ ID (ages 13+): $6
Children (ages 4-12): $5
Children (ages 3 and under): Free
FRIENDS of MOSTHistory: Free
Before noon on Saturdays*: Free
*Reserve and purchase timed tickets in order to visit the museum. To purchase, click here. Please bring a mask to wear while visiting the museum.
To view upcoming events and/or closures: mosthistory.org/events.
The museum is ADA accessible.
Free parking for MOSTHistory visitors is available in the main parking lot on Closner Boulevard (Business US 281) and in the overflow parking lot on Kuhn Street (north side of the museum). Additional weekend or evening parking is available in the Hidalgo County Courthouse parking lot on McIntyre Street (south side of the museum).
To find Edinburg hotels nearby, visit HotelsCombined.
The following devices with flash are allowed:
- Smart phones
- DSLRs (Nikon, Canon, etc. or any professionally-looking camera)
- Any small portable device
The following equipment is allowed:
- Shoe-mount flashes for DSLR
- Interchangeable lenses (200mm or less)
- Light kit
- Lamp rings
- Camera flashes that cannot be mounted
- SteadiCam or camera stabilizers
- Tripods which includes mini and flexible
- Reflectors (gold/silver or any color)
- Interchangeable lenses (200mm or more)
- Any other equipment not listed
Fill out a preliminary form online below to be contacted within 24 hours for more details and approval.